Monday, February 8, 2016

Liebster Award- Exciting Times


Best. News. Ever.  I was nominated  for the Liebster Award by Moriah @ Feel Your Books.  Thank you so much for thinking my little ol' blog was awesome.  Great way to spread encouragement and love!

This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers to recognize them and help others get to know them.  I hope everyone enjoy's these answers...oh and don't forget to take a peak at the bloggers I will nominate below.

The Rules:

- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog 
- Display the award on the blog 
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 blogs you feel deserve the award (who have under 200 followers)
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award with a link back to your post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Answers to Feel Your Books Questions:

1. When you go to the bookstore or library, what is the first section you typically visit? Bookstores, I typically head for the travel section. I am trying to break free of the "arm-chair traveling."  Now libraries, totally different.  I head to the Young Adult section,  I hate to admit for the most part Adult books kind of bore me and I want some action!

2. What's your favorite hobby beside reading? Photography.  I'm actually a published photographer and have several ribbons to my name.

3. do you have any literary tattoos or would you consider getting any? Sadly, I do not have a single tattoo anywhere on me.  I have a bit of a needle phobia, so I have not bit the bullet.

4. What is your favorite item on your bookshelf that isn't a book?  My jar of sea shells.  I collect them from the lake whenever I go walking there.

5. Do you DNF books? I rarely DNF books.  If that happens it is because I just could not agree with the content of it.  

6. If you could only read one genre for the rest of forever, which genre would you pick? Oh man! That is a tough question.  If I had to choose, I would say Dystopian.  The reason I say this is there is action, romance, and people over-coming obstacles.

7. What is your favorite book with a purple cover? The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares.  That is a great series.

8. In your opinion, what is the best review you've written or filmed? Hands down, my best/favorite review I have written would be The 5th Wave.  I absolutely loved everything about that book and writing the post was so easy and quick.

9. Futuristic or Historical Fiction? Historical.  I love history of any kind. 

10. When did you become a serious reader? I would say the 5th grade.  My library growing up was amazing and worked with my elementary school to take Sequoyah tests.  If you read so many books from that list and passed enough tests, you took a trip at the end of the year.  That was so much fun.

11. Coffee or tea? Coffee.  But I didn't develop that habit until my 30's.  Late bloomer.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Random Facts About Myself

1. I am beyond cold-natured. I like to call it artic-natured.  Even in the Oklahoma heat, I have a jacket or sweater with me year round. 
2. I like peanuts, but not peanut butter.  I cannot handle the texture.  I'm an oddity oh yes.
3. I do not know how to swim.  I almost drowned when I was little and I've been scared to tackle it ever since then.  I do, though, plan to learn one day.
4. I read anywhere from 7-9 books a week.  Multiple books at a time in fact.  And yes, I can keep them all straight.
5. I developed a shellfish allergy in my 30s. Completely scary experience.  And I loved shrimp.
6. I am talented in injuring myself.  I tore the ligaments in both feet within 6 months of each other once.  Talent I know.
7. I am the proud parent of a fur baby.  His name is dashx named Jackson.  I adopted him almost 8 years ago.  Best decision.  Highly suggested in fact.
8. I love to text people.  I've been known to send over 5,000 messages in a month before.  Thank goodness for Unlimited Texting.
9. I've only flown once in my lifetime.  Scared the crap out of me.
10. I sound like I'm from Georgia even though I have never stepped foot in that state.  I just got lucky in the accent department.
11.  My favorite flower is the tulip. Second is carnation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Have Been Nominated!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 11 Questions For You

1. Who is your fictional crush? Why?
2. If you couldn't read books, what hobby would you choose?
3. Dystopian or Sci-Fi?
4. What book made you become a reader?
5. Snowcone or Icee?
6. If you could pick one book that has NOT been made into a movie yet, what would it be and why?
7. Actual book or E-book?
8. What is the craziest reason you chose a book from the shelf to read?
9. What made you start a blog?
10. If you could suggest one book for someone to read, what would it be and why?
11. Favorite library memory?



Thanks for the nomination Moriah!  I had so much fun doing this!


2 comments:

  1. :D You're so very welcome! I'm glad you had fun with this.

    And major congrats on your photography! That's so awesome, for real.

    Major bummer about the shellfish allergy, though. I didn't know that it was possible to develop an allergy like that so late. Oh, man, to never eat crabs or clams again...I'm so sorry. Shrimp is a solid third on my top favorite list of seafood--I couldn't even imagine never being able to eat one again.

    And I really love your answer to number 10! That sounds like a wicked cool reading program and you can consider me insanely jealous! I just read for the Pizza Hut book club when I was young. Read a bunch of books, collect glittery stickers, and eat pizza. It made not only a reader but also a pizza addict out of me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really love photography, esp when I get a good shot! Haha.

    Tell me about the allergy, yikes. I was just enjoying my shrimp one day and my lips go numb and my tongue swells a little. Then I gave it another try and the exact same thing happened! So I had to give it up..

    I loved the Sequoyah Program. We still do the Sequoyah Lists yearly, but they no long do the tests and trips. It is all AR now. I think they can win stuff if they have the most points.

    I wish there were adult programs for stuff like that. I think it would be fun to take AR tests. Or even have the pizza reading program for adults. Who doesn't love pizza right?

    ReplyDelete