Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cornerfolds February Discussion Link-up: Top 5 Dystopian Couples



You've been on the run hiding in the woods of Qulf Forest from Government forces for the past month with your dystopian crew (or solo). Upon your foraging trek, you incidentally stumble upon an abandoned farmhouse. Dauntless as ever, you walk in and to your incredible surprise, right in the middle of the living room, a gorgeous and completely perfect bookshelf welcomes you. You race to the bookshelf allowing your grimy fingers to caress each book spine as you take in the wonder of all the yester-books and pages you once lost yourself in before the fall of society. Wait, what's this!? It's not just an ordinary bookshelf, but an entire bookshelf filled with dystopian romance novels! You beam with joy and dive into your all time favorites!
Tell us! What 5 dystopian romance novels (or couples) do you choose to bask in?

Man oh man, this is a tough one.  There are so many great fictional couples out there.  Where to start!

  1. Day and June (Legend Series).  I'm sorry but you cannot talk about Dystopian couples without mentioning this pair.  Sure, they had a rocky start and June was not informed what really happened when she went after Day...but nonetheless, you cannot say this is truly one of the best couples to ever hit the pages of dystopian fiction. They also made a great pair to fight for what is right and good in the end.
  2. Adam and Juliette (Shattter Me Series). Now even though I am only through with the first book, this will still rank high on my couples list.  There is something about this couple that is growing (or I hope still grows as the series progresses).  They are already fiercely protective of each other and some major chemistry is already happening.
  3. Ember and Chase (Article 5 Series). Again, I am only through the first book of this series, but we have some major chemistry happening here..underneath the betrayal and all.  I am interested to see where the author takes this relationship as the series progresses.  
  4. Aria and Perry (Under the Never Sky Series).  This so far, is one of my favorite couples ever.  Typical he saw here, saved her, wanted to kill her when she was exiled, and now she is someone he cannot be away from.  I am on the edge of my seat going into the last book.
  5. Cassia and Ky (Matched Series).  Of course, I could not have a top 5 couples list without including them.  When I started this series, I could not think that she would be with anyone other than who she was matched with until she is shown Ky.  Then it was like "let them be together!!!) Guess I will just have to see what she has in store for the rest of the series.
I think this is a pretty top solid 5 couples.  So tell me, who are your top 5?

4 comments:

  1. Adam and Juliette...:(

    I just finished up Unravel Me and was highly disappointed. Ugh. Still got my fingers crossed for Adam, but I think Juliette might not even deserve him after some of the stunts she's pulled so far.

    Solid list. :) I haven't read the rest of these series, but I do hope to get to them sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I sure hope Adam doesn't mess things up. I do kind of wonder now if Warner is not what he seems and gosh it is hard to imagine if she ends up with him. Of course, I've only been through Shatter Me...so I guess we will just wait and see!

    Cannot wait to read your discussion on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so desperate to read the Article 5 series! How do you like it so far?

    All your other choices are new to me, though I have heard of the series'. I don't know that I have 5 power couples that I consistently root for, but I do love Katniss and Peeta's relationship, oh and Sunny and Jack from the Sunset Rising series <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I absolutely adored June and Day! Sadly, they didn't make it on my list, but they would have been runner up. I'll have to check the other 4 books/series out, because I haven't read any of them yet and the relationships sound really ... well, dystopian :p

    ReplyDelete